The YPN aims to bring together people at an early stage in their careers in the water industry and from any background, creating a network of people with similar levels of experience. We hold events aimed at those with less experience so they can develop and be supported as they take those first steps in their career.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone at an early stage of their career to help grow and shape the YPN for the benefit of our members. You will get the chance to influence the activities of the YPN within the institute, as well as developing your own organisation, leadership and communication skills.
Outline duties of Vice National YPN Rep role (2 year term):
- Support the National YPN Rep, especially to organise and run events at a national scale
- Attend YPN rep meetings (virtual, approx. 1 hour every 2 months)
- Help organise the YPN Event at the Annual Conference
- Deputise for the National YPN Rep where applicable i.e. chairing YPN reps meetings, attending Members & Standards meeting
- Support and promote the growth of the YPN
- You must be a member of the Institute of Water (any level)
- You will be enthusiastic, dedicated and keen to play an active role in the running of the YPN
- We welcome and encourage applications from all areas and backgrounds – there is no age limit but we suggest this opportunity would be most suitable for someone with less than 10 years water industry experience
- You will need to seek the support of your manager/company to ensure you can participate in meetings/events
If you would like to apply, please send a paragraph (max. 500 words) outlining why you would like this role, what you would bring to it and how you would support/promote the YPN to our current National Rep Kirsty Ayres (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 7th May and those shortlisted will be contacted to attend a short interview.