The Institute of Water Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Award is open to all IWater members at any stage in their career who can demonstrate their commitment to continuous learning, improvement and development.
The IWater CPD Award is a great opportunity for IWater members to have much deserved recognition for their professional development.
Each year, the CPD Award winner features in our Winter Magazine, our website and on our social media, as well as being interviewed. Short-listed entrants are also invited to attend IWater’s President’s Dinner and Awards evening where the overall winner will be presented with their trophy at our Dinner ceremony.
Entries are scored against the below six categories and the winning entry is expected all:
- Scoping– Identifying skill gaps and opportunities for development
- Planning– Setting relevant goals for development activities and target dates
- Doing– Formal learning, workplace opportunities, and development undertaken outside of work
- Recording– Accurately recording development achievements and learning outcomes
- Reflecting– Evaluating achievements and reviewing them against professional and development needs
- Sharing– Explaining how others benefitted from your learning
How to apply
We appreciate that everyone has a slightly different way of undertaking and recording CPD, which is why we are flexible in terms of the format that entries need to take.
As a minimum, successful entries will contain a development action plan, a clear timeline of CPD activities, and an assessment of how successfully your activities met your goals.
Please not applications are not currently open for this Award.
CPD Award Winners 2023
Congratulations to our joint winners, Gregory Spencer and Melanie Tankerville for winning our CPD Award 2023
Congratulations to the runner up, Isla Jones.
From right to left, Rob Bradley, Professional Registration Manager, and Melaine Tankerville, CPD Award Winner 2023,