Submit a Paper
There is some world-leading research and innovative work taking place within water companies, regulators, the supply chain and our academic partners – why not consider writing up the project that you are working on now and sharing it with the wider water sector?
Open Invitation for Papers
We invite papers and case studies from authors, regulators, academics (including students), water company personnel, supply chain organisations, consultants, and others across the relevant fields.
We are looking for articles that:
- Provide relevant and valuable learning for water industry professionals
- Present new and innovative thinking or research outputs or a different slant on an existing approach
- Contain information and knowledge that readers will be able to readily apply to their role as part of their CPD
- Contain results and conclusions which are technically credible and make a significant contribution to published literature (applies to technical articles)
We cannot accept articles that appear to be a sales pitch for a particular product, service or company.
There is no word limit for your submission but we expect a typical piece to be around 2500 words; short articles of around 1000 words will also be welcome. Relevant illustrations should be included wherever possible.
Every paper is peer-reviewed by a panel of experts from the Institute of Water, industry regulators and key academic partners:
- Robin Price CSci, Director of Quality and Environment, Anglian Water
- Ian Barker CEnv, VP Environment, Institute of Water and MD, Water Policy International
- Jo Parker M.B.E. CEng, VP Engineering, Institute of Water and Consultant
- Marcus Rink CSci, Chief Inspector, Drinking Water Inspectorate
- Dr Kiran Tota-Maharaj CEng, Reader in Civil & Environmental Engineering (Water & Environmental Engineering), Aston University, Birmingham
- Andy Blackhall, Managing Director, WRc Group
Submit a Paper
The synopsis will be reviewed by the Institute of Water Journal Editorial Panel and you will be contacted in due course.
Successful authors will be invited to submit the full article.